Total Pageviews

Translate

Favorite Boroughs by: Tia Rivera

Take a walk down 42nd street and see Time Square with its bright lights. Go ice-skating at Bryant Park and have a blast. Walking down to the West Village and going to Chelsea Piers, to see the shiny Hudson River. Last but not least seeing the beautiful city from the top of the Empire State building. These are a few of the many things you can do in Manhattan, which is my favorite borough. There are also other great boroughs to discover like the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Long Island.

I asked Asil Khan and Javie, both freshmen at CPEHS, what their favorite boroughs were and why. Asil says his favorite borough is Manhattan because that’s where he lives and where all his ‘home dogs’ live. I asked him if he lived there and he said “yes, down town.” I asked him what likes to do in Manhattan and he said he likes to go bowling and being bad to the bone. I asked if he has any family in Manhattan and he says yes. I asked what interesting place there are in Manhattan and he said that the East Village is an interesting place in Manhattan. I asked if he knew anything about Manhattan (i.e. history). He said, “People used to swim in the Hudson River back then.” He also only knows about 1 borough, which is the Bronx. I wanted to know why Asil goes to CPEHS since he lives downtown. “Because it’s slightly closer” he said.

I asked Javier what her favorite borough was and she said the Bronx, because it’s where she was born and raised. Her favorite thing to do in her borough is “party.” She also likes to shop in the Bronx. She also has family that lives there. “Castle Hill and Yankee Stadium are the nice places to see over here” she stated. I asked if she knew anything about the Bronx and she said that she know that it’s the birthplace of hip hop. I also asked her why she goes to CPEHS all the way from the Bronx. She replied, “Because I wanted to travel far.” I think that all the boroughs are different and contributed a lot of amazing things to New York.