Total Pageviews

Translate

Rumors and Relationships By: Carmen Cancel

Can rumors affect a relationship?



There have been many rumors around the schools and outside that have broken relationships up. Those rumors are hurtful and can ruin a couple in the blink of an eye. People think their harmless little rumors that wont hurt a fly that’s not true Rumors are bad and shouldn’t be said out in the open its someone’s business that you are spreading.

Katherine Ocampo, 16 years old attends CPEHS, grew up in East Harlem said that her favorite childhood memory was, “Going to Coney Island and having fun! It always been the best memory I ever have and that’s why I still go there every year in the summer.” Katherine Ocampo spends her free time shopping and with her boyfriend, “ I like shopping and usually my Boyfriends bored when he’s not with me so we just hang out.” Over All Katherine usually holds a good relationship with the staff and students in CPEHS.

Rumors are very harsh and affect many relationships whether in teen relationship or marriage. Katherine Ocampo opinion is, “

Well of course rumors affects relationships whether Or not because if I hear something I definitely would want to prove if the rumors wrong or right.” Rumors are a big deal and there just spreading what awful things people want to hide or want to keep to themselves, so that doesn’t give you the right to put it out there. Katherine has been in this situation that has affected but not broken the relationship. Currently no big rumors have affected but minor ones have, One that I heard my boyfriend had a best friend who was a girl and she liked him and is still seeing him till today after all the rumors was wrong and wasn’t true.” See little rumors like that can hurt a relationship. The causes of broken relationships are that most people don’t have trust in there partners and they are ignorant to the point that they will believe the rumors. Rumors are hurtful because its always criticizing

one person in a bad way and I haven’t believed any rumors I have heard of my boyfriend because I know before I hear it from someone else he would of told me before it
happens. I wanted to find out her opinion to the topic. Her responses were, “Umm I haven’t really noticed how important a rumor is to a relationship until this interview because it could determine whether or not you’re going to be with the person for a long time, people usually make rumors because of jealousy. Hatred or boredom.”

Kimberly Perry, 16 years old a Junior at CPEHS grew up in New York and one of her favorite childhood memories was, “when I hung out with my dad, because I don’t get to see him much anymore.” On her free time she mainly is in one of her friends house because she doesn’t like to be home much. Kimberly holds a good relationship with some better then others, “because I just don’t feel their vibe.”

Kimberly Perry responded, “Yes, because depending on what is said it can Breakup a couple and I do listen to rumors but I don’t spread them it’s not cool to spread peoples Business whether its true or not.” Rumors can break a relationship but it will be up to the Couple to determine whether or not there going to believe in that rumor, “communication is Key.” She also has never experienced it but has heard rumors about other people. Trust and Communication is what makes a relationship last a lifetime. One thing Kimberly always does is he doesn’t make assumptions and talks to him about it to make sure it isn’t true. I asked her for her opinion on the topic. Kimberly responded, “I think it’s interesting a lot of kids deal with rumors especially in High School, someone should give those kids the courage to ignore ignorance, and people make rumors because their ether bored, jealous or just plain mean.”

Therefore, your personal life is personal so if you don’t want anything to spread just keep it to yourself. So don’t spread rumors.